Presidential Disaster Declaration For 13 Counties including Kandiyohi
7-6-12 (Washington, DC) -- President Obama has declared 13 Minnesota counties a major disaster area following recent storms and flooding, and the declaration also covers three tribal nations. Included in the disaster declaration are these counties: Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Crow Wing, Dakota, Goodhue, Kandiyohi, Lake, Meeker, Pine, Rice, Sibley and Saint Louis, plus the Fond du Lac Tribe, the Mille Lacs Band and the Grand Portage Tribe. The disaster assistance covers damage to public infrastructure and facilities of certain non-profit organizations. FEMA will fund 75 percent of the approved cost and the remaining 25 percent is a state and local match. The state has also requested damage assessments for individual assistance in Aitkin, Carlton, Lake, Pine and Saint Louis counties plus for the Fond du Lac Tribe. Those assessments begin Wednesday.